Forumsregeln
Bitte beachte unsere Forum Netiquette
paraba
Meeresspiegel (0m)
Skitage 23/24: 0
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Laax and the 50% discount fiasco

Beitrag von paraba »

I'm a long-time forum reader and can understand German very well, but since my writing is not perfect, I'll write in English.

I want to share with you my disappointing experience with Laax.

On August 18, I received the following mail from welcome@laax.com:

[quote]
Dear [name]
Plan you next winter experience in LAAX - weather you would like to book accommodation, lift tickets, rental equipment or lessons. Benefit now from our very special deal and save 50% on your online booking at http://www.laax.com until 31st August 2011.

Best regards
Your LAAX team

Your booking code is:

Code: Alles auswählen

It's so easy: Simply book online at http://www.laax.com and redeem your booking code until 31st August 2011. Please provide your booking code at the check out of your booking. Your 50% discount will automatically be deducted when you make your booking.

This offer applies to all products available at http://www.laax.com except TopCard. Not redeemable locally. Cannot be combined with other offers. 
[/quote]

Great, I thought. We had been just planning our skiing holidays for the coming winter, and although we have been to Switzerland many times (Laax, Andermatt, Lenzerheide), we had excluded it due to the current exchange rate of the Swiss frank. But this offer actually made a holiday in Switzerland reasonable again, considering that Laax has been one of our favorite places.

So, it took many days to fix the week of the holiday, check with employers about the vacation possibilities, find optimal accommodation, etc, until on August 26, I started booking. After entering the details about the accommodation and lift tickets, I entered my discount code. This resulted in a message that the -50% discount is not available any more, that there are no more availabilities due to the large demand.

I think we have been treated dishonestly due to the following facts:
[list]
[*]There was no mention that the discount is a quantity-limited offer. The mail clearly stated that it's available until August 31.
[*] Laax.com didn't send a second mail (when the "availabilities ended"), informing customers that they should stop making plans with this offer in mind. What about plane tickets that have already been bought?
[*] Laax.com say there are no more availabilities. Yet, I can book housing and buy lift tickets through their web site, so clearly the availabilities haven't ended, it's just the -50% offer that they ended  prematurely.[/list]

After sending a few complaint e-mails, we were finally promised a -15% discount, but I think this is not comparable to the initial offer.

TPD
Skitage 23/24: 2
Ski: ja
Snowboard: nein
Danksagung erhalten: 114 Mal
Re: Laax and the 50% discount fiasco

Beitrag von TPD »

Hast Du deine Beschwerde auch schon an Schweiz Tourismus weiter gereicht ?

http://www.myswitzerland.com/de/home.html (Kontaktdaten siehe ganz unten)

Auch wenn ich davon ausgehe, dass sich die Laaxer rechtlich abgesichert haben, dass die Aktion vorzeitig abgebrochen werden kann, ist es auf jeden Fall nicht die feine Art.
Und dank solchen Aktionen habe ich ehrlich gesagt auch kein Mitleid mit der leidenden Tourismusbranche und auch kein Verständnis wenn da noch Steuergelder aufgewendet werden.
https://www.skichablais.net, seit 20 Jahren über Bergbahnen der Region Chablais und Umgebung.
OliK
Alpspitze (2628m)
Danksagung erhalten: 19 Mal

Beitrag von OliK »

Paraba, you are not alone ;) . Search for the member "ChiliGonzales", and ask him. The same bullshit!!

Last Season i got also a 50% Discount and it worked perfectly.
Es grüsst der Oli
ChiliGonzales
Großer Müggelberg (115m)
Ski: nein

Beitrag von ChiliGonzales »

Yep, exactly the same here. They told me that this offer has already been stopped on August 21st. We wanted to book just on this evening, that was even more annoying. Next day I tried to call them to express my displeasure, but the phone lines were completely overloaded. Seems that there were some more people who have made the same experience...

They should have known that they're generating a huge demand with this offer, so it's simply in bad style and also impudent to finish it that abruptly. I don't know if they are insured against such cases, but I really thought about to figure it out. Finally it wouldn't have been worth neither the time nor the effort.

From now I (and my friends) will ignore Laax. There are so many other ski resorts in the Alps that I haven't seen yet, Laax will certainly be the last.
GMD
Ski to the Max
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Beitrag von GMD »

If you make such a generous offer, you have to put a limit or you will have a desaster: Lot of clients who are unsatisfied because of the crowded lifts and slopes, and if most of them only pays half prices you will lose money instead of earning it! But, of course you have to inform the clients about the rules! For example: Valid till August, 31st, limited places, first comes - first served!
Probably waking up
paraba
Meeresspiegel (0m)

Beitrag von paraba »

GMD hat geschrieben: ... But, of course you have to inform the clients about the rules! For example: Valid till August, 31st, limited places, first comes - first served!
Exactly -- absolutely no complaints then.
Eschinger
Großer Müggelberg (115m)
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Beitrag von Eschinger »

Die PR- und Pressechefin wurde wegen des 50%- Debakels fristlos gekündigt!
ChiliGonzales
Großer Müggelberg (115m)

Beitrag von ChiliGonzales »

Eschinger hat geschrieben:Die PR- und Pressechefin wurde wegen des 50%- Debakels fristlos gekündigt!
Quelle?

Vermutlich das berühmte Bauernopfer.
OliK
Alpspitze (2628m)
Danksagung erhalten: 19 Mal

Beitrag von OliK »

Super! Als hätte sie alleine das verbockt...man :naja:
Es grüsst der Oli

Valentin
Meeresspiegel (0m)

Beitrag von Valentin »

Hallo Leute, zwar ist diese Promo schon ein Weilchen her, aber ich habe mich auch gigantisch aufgeregt und rege mich grad heute wieder auf. Da musste man die superlange Kartennummer (bei uns 5 x) eingeben, dreimal ist das System abgestürzt und am Schluss hiess es, das Kontingent sei ausgebucht.... Das ist ganz einfach verars..... Auf Mails hat man nicht geantwortet. Gerster im 10 vor 10 war von solchen Promos die Rede, da habe ich mich wieder erinnert und heute habe ich Laax nochmals angeschrieben. Zuerst hiess es, die Aktion ist schon vorbei, dann hiess es das war eine Aktion der Mountain Vision AG (eine andere 100%-Tochter der Weisse Arena Gruppe) dann hiess es sie können nicht nach 2 Monaten reklamieren. Profitieren Sie dann von der nächsten Aktion. Haha. Das war unlautere Werbung! :( :evil: :nein:
Für mich einfach klar unverständlich, nicht kundenorientiert, unprofessionell. Die Leute für dumm verkaufen. Dass sich Laax das einfach so leistet?
Antworten

Zurück zu „Skigebiete in aller Welt“