• Willkommen im neuen Alpinforum!

    Das Alpinforum ist erfolgreich auf die neue Forensoftware XenForo umgezogen. Benutzerkonten und Foreninhalte wurden übernommen, sodass ihr euch wie gewohnt anmelden könnt.

    Schaut euch gerne um und probiert die neuen Funktionen aus. Solltet ihr Fehler oder Unstimmigkeiten entdecken, meldet sie bitte im entsprechenden Thema.

    Alle Informationen zur Migration und zum neuen Forum findet ihr hier:

    Zur ausführlichen Ankündigung

    Viel Spaß im neuen Alpinforum!

    Euer Alpinforum-Team

My Cable car model ''Gletscherexpress''

Annedijkstra

Massada (5m)
Registriert
15. Juli 2008
Beiträge
31
Reaktionspunkte
0
Hello,

I'm Anne, i'm 15 years old and i live in the Netherlands. I've build a cable car in the garden of my house. The line is 5 meters, and have 4 cabins. The begin station is new, and I'm going to build a new end station because he is old and not so good.. The motor works on 12 Volts and comes from a coffee machine haha :)

Here some pictures of my line:


Beginning station:
IMAGE_022.jpg


Line:
IMAGE_026.jpg


Line:
IMAGE_014.jpg


2 cars are in my house because i'm going to paint these cars.

Best regards,

Anne
 
Don't forget to paint the stations.
 
The lowerstation offers a really interesting style and i agree Ram Brand related to the painting necessity cause otherwise the wooden plates will soon be damaged by the wheather conditions. Besides that you seem to be the same "recycler" like i hade been in earlier times when using parts of antique washing and drilling machines for my lifts... :D
 

Anhänge

  • TrojerEsb35.jpg
    TrojerEsb35.jpg
    50,4 KB · Aufrufe: 4.339
  • TrojerEsb61.jpg
    TrojerEsb61.jpg
    52,4 KB · Aufrufe: 4.339
Hey,

Here some pictures :D
Beginning station:
IMAG0001.jpg

Motorswitch:
IMAG0003.jpg

Cabin:
IMAG0006.jpg

beginning station with cabin and the motor:
IMAG0005.jpg


You see the cabin, and the cabin isn't nice. I would buy OMEGA IV cabins in model. Is it possible the OMEGA cabins making on the rope?
The problem is that the rope, that it longer is if it's wet. I tried to use steelcable but it isn't flexible.
I would to paint the beginning station, but what color I use? You're right that the wooden plates will be broken by this weather.

Here some videos: (sorry for the quality, it is from my HTC)





 
I see thats a nice Cablecar but i also see that the Pendants stripe at the Beginning Station Roll.
I would make a longer, larger roll battery in Valley.
 
Yes, i know :mrgreen: . The cabin hooks sometimes by the blue wheels. I would make 4 wheels (total: 8 ).

IMAG0005.jpg


I would taking out the wooden plate (The red X), and making the motor and the wheel in the beginning station. So i can then the cars save in the beginning station.

Regards, Anne
 
its a pretty good start...try get rid of the bounce,have you expermented with a counterweight??..there is alot of people on this great forum to help you out..what manufacture are you tring to resemble???myself,i build my gondola lift after the classic vonroll vr101..the rollers need to be independent of one another..kind of like a teter totter..great start and happy modeling!!!!!!!!!!!!! robert san diego california usa
 

Anhänge

  • #3tower.jpg
    #3tower.jpg
    45,9 KB · Aufrufe: 4.235
  • Sep12_001.jpg
    Sep12_001.jpg
    9,8 KB · Aufrufe: 4.234
  • 28&82007.jpg
    28&82007.jpg
    39,2 KB · Aufrufe: 4.234
Thats an good idea

Long roll-batteries work and look much better :D :D

Your construction looks very strong -so my question is : How heavy are your Cablecars?

Sorry for my bad english -
 
thank you..its a very strong ride..the gondolas can handle about 1 1/2 lbs of weight..cable snapping is about 210 lbs..towers are steel square tubing..the tower footings are concrete that go into the ground 4 feet..a very solid ride.myself i can hang from each one of the towers and i weigh about 200 lbs...thanks for liking the long roller batterys..i make a series of 8 sheave 12 sheave and a large 16 sheave that is about 16 inches long..i can use that for long spans over 35 feet with maximum cable stabilzation...counterweight is 15 lbs..longest span between towers is 32 feet.able to transport 24 full cans of coke..i build my rides to transport things not just bare gondolas....if you need help feel free to ask! 8)
 
I'm build a new beginning station.The old beginning station wasn't good. the ceiling was to low for the new cabins. I'm going to make long battery wheels in the station. In the end station (is not complete) comes a counter weight.
IMAG0013.jpg


IMAG0014.jpg


IMAG0015.jpg




Anne
 
the new cabins are very beautiful!!

Maybe you can paint the stations in your own style, that would look much better...
 
The new cabins are fantastic !!! :!: :!: The new cabins are perfect for the new beginning station:
P1000589.JPG


P1000585.JPG


The motor:
P1000591.JPG


I think the color blue for my stations are very nice. I would make a plastic or metal plate on the ceiling for snow, ice and rain.

Anne
 
The dark blue colour of the station underlines the silver gondolas really good. Good luck for the further construction.
 
Hey,

I can't build again. It snows hard with a strong wind. It is terrible to going outside !

Best Regards,

Anne
 
I´ve seen the Netherland´s weather forecasts and based on this conditions not even Petz would leave the warm house... ;D
 
It's very nice weather, and i thought, i'm go outside :mrgreen:

The cable car is now at a other nice place. I have make new video's with the new Omega cabins!





Greetzz. Anne

Edit: Fixed the videos. Please note: Just enter the youtube ID-Number not the whole URL!

greetings
GMD, Moderator Alpinforum
 
Hey, thats nice :D

If you go on working on it , you can add more detail on the station maybe :)
But nice^^
 
@Anne, nice work and if you try to use two balanced wheels instead of one at every side of the stations and tower you would get a much smoother running.
Besides that it will allow to use a more realistic higher rope tension too..:wink:
 
Petz schrieb:
@Anne, nice work and if you try to use two balanced wheels instead of one at every side of the stations and tower you would get a much smoother running.
Besides that it will allow to use a more realistic higher rope tension too..:wink:
Got to agree with you Markus.At least a 4 Sheave Tower battery would do.For a single tower,A 8 sheave should do.
 
Zurück
Oben