• Willkommen im neuen Alpinforum!

    Das Alpinforum ist erfolgreich auf die neue Forensoftware XenForo umgezogen. Benutzerkonten und Foreninhalte wurden übernommen, sodass ihr euch wie gewohnt anmelden könnt.

    Schaut euch gerne um und probiert die neuen Funktionen aus. Solltet ihr Fehler oder Unstimmigkeiten entdecken, meldet sie bitte im entsprechenden Thema.

    Alle Informationen zur Migration und zum neuen Forum findet ihr hier:

    Zur ausführlichen Ankündigung

    Viel Spaß im neuen Alpinforum!

    Euer Alpinforum-Team

My Cable car model ''Gletscherexpress''

Annedijkstra schrieb:
Hello!

I'm going to buy the new wheels for the tower and the stations. I have then the wheels in 4/7 days.

You can see the cable car with the webcam this evening. http://www.ww.com/annedijkstr or http://www.annedijkstra.com -> Webcam

Best Regards,

Anne
Are you making the roller batteries yourself or having someone else do them for you??If you need help,please let me know. :D
 
hmm... I would make the batteries with Meccano wheels and parts.

pic_j005.jpg

pic_j002.jpg

pic_partm023b.JPG


This products are very expensive (1 Dollar for a wheel), but Markus has a URL with Meccano parts, but I don't no what the URL was.

I think i can then make self the batteries with the Meccano parts. If I can't do that, then say I that to you.

Anne

ps Markus? Do you have the url from the Meccano site?
 
i can make the same sheaves for alot less..what diameter do you want?mine are .750 diameter or 3/4th of an inch.
 
.500 until .600 of an inch would be the correct scale for the wheels in relation to the Omega cabins.

@Anne, think about Robert´s nice offer cause he has plenty of experience in model cableway building.

Another possibility would be to buy some sheave batteries from my swiss collegue Roger Küng; you can see his cableways and the necessary links on my homepage too, his actual price list i habe uploaded here:
http://members.aon.at/msfal/Roger/Preisliste.pdf
 
Thanks Markus for the great complement.I can Make the sheaves he wants for around 50 cents a piece.30 bucks for 50 sheaves and that includes shipping.All of the sheaves i make are from cellcon acetal plastic.Whatever diameter you need from 1 inch to 1/2 inch.all are done on on a cnc lathe and have tollarances of +/_ .005.center hole diameter up to 1/4th of an inch.Markus has a example brass sheave i made for him.Brass is too expensive here in the usa.As for other parts,I havnt decided if im going to produce them.As for they might end up being too expensive.Thanks again Markus..
 
That´s no compliment but simply the truth...:!: :)
In my opinion plastic wheels are better than brass or aluminium wheels cause in my experience the combination metal wheel running on a A2 stainless steel screw causes more wear.
 
Thanks again Markus.As for brass and aluminum sheaves,i agree with you 100%.i had cable wear,and main shaft wear on the sheaves.
 
Based on your relatively small rope diversion angle four wheel batteries for the two station and two 6 - wheelers for the tower should be more than sufficient.
 
i can build a 4 sheave or an 8.what is the span between towers?
 
Annedijkstra schrieb:
I have 1 Tower. From the beginning station to the tower is 2,5 meters. From the tower to the end station is also 2,5 meters.
Sounds like a pair of 8 sheave tower batteries should work.are you transporting any weight in the gondolas? any counterweight..?
 
I dont't have any weight in the gondolas. I think batteries with 8 wheels are good. I have of course 2 stations, and 1 tower. So how much are 6 batteries with 8 wheels?

Best regards, Anne
 
Annedijkstra schrieb:
I dont't have any weight in the gondolas. I think batteries with 8 wheels are good. I have of course 2 stations, and 1 tower. So how much are 6 batteries with 8 wheels?

Best regards, Anne
you are running a doppelmayr type grip correct?i can make them out of stainless or regular steel.stainless costs about 50 bucks a piece.and the outter sheave guard ,you dont need correct?all screws are american standard.1/4-20 for the main support.all others are 8/32.ill half to order the material and possibly get you a lower price.
 
Annedijkstra schrieb:
50 Dollar for one piece? And how much is the plastic version?

Anne
i never made them out of plastic..i dont know..in a 8 sheave tower battery,there are 7 parts.all the work i do are done on a cnc lathe and a mill.each arm on the tower batterys are ballanced and have tolarance of +/- .005.and are made from 316 stainless steel.the only parts that arnt stainless are the sheaves and the inner batterys are made from a2 harden steel.they have a rockwell rating of 55.
 
Based on our names for the cablecar i guess you go on skiing holiday in Sölden?

If yes, maybe we will meet us^^ next year i´ll be there for an week and maybe i will take my Lift with me.

The wheels look good but the sheaves are crazy ^^
 
very nice..Did you tighten up the main screw all the way on the tower battery?loosin it up a bit so you have more of a rocking affect..
 
Zurück
Oben