Seilbahnliebhaber!`
Ich schreibe dieses mal aufs Enlglish, aber Ihr koennt allen auf Deutsch reagieren, kein problem.
Let me first pont out that I'm a seilbahnfreak, just like you. I love skiing, I'm the first in Holland who buys in September the new ADAC Skiatlas and I'm not against skilifts at all. I'm in the nice oppurtunity that my hobby (sking) is also my job: I work al lot with Swiss, French and Austrian skiing specialists to find out how we can manage skiing areas in a sustainable way. Sustainability (nachhaltiger entwicklung) does also mean that new skilifts are needed, because local economies depend largely on siing tourism. So far we all agree, I think.
HOWEVER, 'Neuerschliessungen' is something completely different. This is a highly political game where facts and political power is mixed up. Do you realy believe that the 'linkerfernerkogelbahn' is needed for guarding the safety of the skiers?!
I remember I joined a conversation in the year 1999 with Arthur Doppelmayr (Yes indeed the old man!), a man from a "Vermessungsbüro' from Imst/Tirol (I will not mention his name) and a Lady from das Land Vorarlberg. It was about planned 'erweiterungen' in Silvretta Nova and Golm. In this conversation, the decisions were made: Law doesn't play a role in the dicision whether or not a new lift will be built: It is all about 'Who knows who'.
That is why the Green movement makes so much noise: it is the only way to get attention. As a researcher at the University, this is certainly not my style, but is makes clear how this game is played.
Now, when I read your mails in this forum, the tone is the same, without any sense of any self critisism.
I believe you can be both a 'nature lover' and a skiliftfreak'. But this needs a vision of how you can maintain BOTH in the future. You know that it is impossible to continue forever with developing new glacierskiing areas: So the question is: where does it stop, knowing that most glaciers are too unreliable as a skiiing resort in the future? And, how can we manage the existing areas in order to keep them economically profitable and also environmentally sustainable.
Ich freue mich auf Ihre antworte und I werde mit grossen interesse dieses Forum Folgen!
MfG,
Jeroen
Ich schreibe dieses mal aufs Enlglish, aber Ihr koennt allen auf Deutsch reagieren, kein problem.
Let me first pont out that I'm a seilbahnfreak, just like you. I love skiing, I'm the first in Holland who buys in September the new ADAC Skiatlas and I'm not against skilifts at all. I'm in the nice oppurtunity that my hobby (sking) is also my job: I work al lot with Swiss, French and Austrian skiing specialists to find out how we can manage skiing areas in a sustainable way. Sustainability (nachhaltiger entwicklung) does also mean that new skilifts are needed, because local economies depend largely on siing tourism. So far we all agree, I think.
HOWEVER, 'Neuerschliessungen' is something completely different. This is a highly political game where facts and political power is mixed up. Do you realy believe that the 'linkerfernerkogelbahn' is needed for guarding the safety of the skiers?!
I remember I joined a conversation in the year 1999 with Arthur Doppelmayr (Yes indeed the old man!), a man from a "Vermessungsbüro' from Imst/Tirol (I will not mention his name) and a Lady from das Land Vorarlberg. It was about planned 'erweiterungen' in Silvretta Nova and Golm. In this conversation, the decisions were made: Law doesn't play a role in the dicision whether or not a new lift will be built: It is all about 'Who knows who'.
That is why the Green movement makes so much noise: it is the only way to get attention. As a researcher at the University, this is certainly not my style, but is makes clear how this game is played.
Now, when I read your mails in this forum, the tone is the same, without any sense of any self critisism.
I believe you can be both a 'nature lover' and a skiliftfreak'. But this needs a vision of how you can maintain BOTH in the future. You know that it is impossible to continue forever with developing new glacierskiing areas: So the question is: where does it stop, knowing that most glaciers are too unreliable as a skiiing resort in the future? And, how can we manage the existing areas in order to keep them economically profitable and also environmentally sustainable.
Ich freue mich auf Ihre antworte und I werde mit grossen interesse dieses Forum Folgen!
MfG,
Jeroen
